Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scottish Quilt

I finished this quilt top years ago with the intension of quilting it myself. I call this my Scottish Quilt..I have no idea what the original name was/is. It is the fabrics that make me feel the name suited it. The quilt I felt needed to be done with stitch in the ditch rather than on a long arm. With all that has gone on around here it just did not get done. Enough I got my friend and teacher Kim Bolender to finish it for me. Years later I still love the quilt and the fabrics I chose so long ago. With my eyes the way they are I figure best to do what I can and not stress over what I can not do.








I forgot to mention in my last post about Molly that you may remember last summer I had kittens at the barn..OMG did I have kittens..ugh!! Pleased to say I got wonderful homes for all of them. Needless to say the fact I got this kitten from the Human Society..lol and PAID for it..has me being teased alot. That is ok..she is worth it..but go figure on how life goes..lol. I will not be asked to wait for tires again..hubby says he will do that job himself from now on..lol..lol.

With all the humidity we got a dandy storm yesterday afternoon. The way it looks we may end up getting another one today but this is supposed to break the heat spell we have had. Yippee I may be able to get some serious work done around the barn and the yard here.

Enjoy your day!!




3 comments:

Bee Haven Bev said...

Wow, that is one gorgeous quilt!!

Delighted Hands said...

Horray for finishing the quilt! It is a beauty.

Linda said...

What a lovely quilt. Hope to see you at the guild this year.