Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Quilting & Sleigh Rides

We have had more than our fair share of snow this winter. Snow is one thing but the bitter wind and cold has made this like a winter that will not end. Trips to the barn have been an adventure on many snow days.


Last weekend our neighbor decided it was time to have a fun day with the horses. Friends came over with there team and the games began. First teams went out with kids on toboggans behind. Lots of giggles and balancing acts. Next a 4 hitch across.




By then everyone was tired including the horses so we took a break. The kids were all excited because next was the 6 hitch. How many kids get to toboggan behind a 6 hitch..lol. I spent the entire afternoon taking pictures. Managed to go for a few rides..lol Still have to edit them but I am pleased with the pictures.



I have some muslin on the B-Line frame. The girls had a great time writing there names and practicing on it. Now I need to spend some time on it. Last week I got frustrated that my cutting table was not in my sewing room (which is small) Well after re-arranging the room it now fits in there. A lot less walking back and forth so I am happy. Lets hope this week goes well so I can get some sewing done. Not sure why but my get up and go seems to have got up and went..lol. Must be the winter...I don't know. Seems like I Have to Make myself get in there and sew. Weird eh!!

Update on Black Jack...he is holding his own. I am so happy he is doing well. Fingers crossed that the next appointment at the vets goes well. Testing still being done. He is such a sweet looking lad.

Off to try and get some sewing done "again". Keep warm!!

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

The sewing blahs, while hopefully infrequent, do allow you to get recharged and inspired so let it do its work. Beautiful sleigh pics.

Anonymous said...

Hi Judi -- beautiful pictures of 'The Boys' pulling 'Your Girls'. Now I have a better connection I am able to tell you how great your site is!!!

Lovely projects!

Ann from Marco Island

Roslyn said...

That is a lot of snow! We took a sleigh ride once, it was night time, & pretty chilly! I think I would like to try one in the daytime.
Roslyn