Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yard Work & Painting

Lots of yard work to get started on..it is that time of year. Time to put away lawn furniture and make sure the snowblower is working. It is so easy to just keep putting off the routine work and wham is that snow out there..lol. Our snowblower is an old thing but it has always done a great touch up job for us when it is needed. The paint is peeling of it..but it keeps on going. Every year I look at the snazzy new ones and droul but no this one will be fine for yet another year. We sure could use another garage for all our toys. I guess this year the lawnmowers are going to have to go to the barn. Would love to get the car in the garage this winter. With snowblower/lawnmower/riding mower/tools/power sprayer...ya! who has room for a car.

Not in the best of mood today. I finally decided I would pick up a paint brush again. After the reno work in the livingroom..ect I had had enough of painting. Well when the ceilings were done in my sewing room and the little spare bedroom the trim coming off damaged the walls. No fault in that happening..they had paint on them and it "happened" to be expected. So down to the basement I go to find the matching paint to the walls in my sewing room. No problem..found it and up the ladder I go..touch up 2 walls. I noticed the shading difference..but hey it will dry out and not be a problem. NOT!!! OMGosh I have to paint the entire room. This also means I have to take down shelving and move a pile of "stuff" out of the way. Grrrrrrrr!! Taking a break and back I will go to finish this darn old job. I just want to be done with it. I think you can see in this picture how different



Hope everyone is having a great day..back to my painting.




4 comments:

Linda said...

HAPPY FALL TO YOU! Don't over do it.

Delighted Hands said...

Would your lack of sleep have anything to do with your outlook....

Jackie's Stitches said...

Are you sure you picked up the right can of paint? It looks like a totally different color in the photograph. Painting is not my thing - though it would be a good time to change the color of the room if you were so inclined. Fresh walls are kind of nice!

Living in Florida, we don't have to do the prep work for the winter like you do. We do it for hurricanes though.

Bunny said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe the difference in colour poor you to have to empty that room and paint again. Hope it goes fast and only have to do one coat...