Saturday, July 3, 2010

It's Hot!!

First I would like to wish all my American friends a Happy 4th and I hope you have a great weekend to go along with it.

More hay is coming into the barn's in the area. Finally a stretch of wonderful weather and boy is it hot..and getting warmer. Even the chickens were in the shade yesterday.



The round baler was working and the small baler also. It was a long hot busy day. Today again..more hay.



Yesterday I picked up a few things at the grocery store...headed home and all was well..I did shop very early. With making sandwiches ect. for everyone working at the farm..I needed a few more things today. Well!!!I have finished my shopping..OMGoodness. Now I can sew and know I don't have to do that for awhile. The traffic in our grocery store this weekend has been incredible. Just after I was there yesterday it went crazy!! Living in a tourist town changes things very quickly when the combination of warm weather and July combine..lol. Yesterday it was taking 1/2hr plus for people to check out. They were handing out free water to help with the wait. Air conditioned but you know what it is like "just standing there". So for the rest of the season I will be shopping before 9a.m. Heading off to my sewing room.



3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Hope you get some of the quilting time-the chickens shot is very nice-I thoroughly enjoyed our 20+ yrs of raising them.

Linda said...

It sure is hot. Glad that my sewing room is downstairs...

andrea said...

So true about tourist towns - we are dealign with the smae thing - CRAZZZZEEEEEE

but helps everybody survive another winter so you kind of have to suck it up